It’s no secret, I love avocados. They are one of my favorite fruits. Part of the reason is I love exploring how to use them outside of guacamole. Not that my guac isn’t the best damn guac you’ll ever have!
I’ve used them margaritas, made a gazpacho with them and now they are in a popsicle. Made with coconut milk and fresh tarragon, the popsicles are creamy (Creamsicle, what?), bright and earthy. They aren’t as sweet as your average popsicle, so if you tend to shy away from sweets, this is the dessert for you!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 popsicles
Avocado and Coconut Popsicles
- 2 avocados
- 2 limes
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 20 leaves fresh tarragon
- Take the 20 tarragon leaves and add them to a cocktail mixer. And muddle the tarragon, releasing all of those tasty essential oils. Remember, you are not trying to beat up the herb or blend it, you just want to give it a good rub.
- After you have muddled the herb, set aside.
- Add the fruit from the two avocados along with the two limes juiced to your food processor and puree them.
- Mix the pureed avocado, the 3/4 cup coconut milk and the 1 1/2 cups of tarragon to a large measuring cup. You should have nearly 3 cups of liquid.
- Divide the mixture amongst the popsicle mold. I left a little room at the top and topped them off with some sweetened coconut milk. (I used just 1/8 cup coconut milk and a hint of coconut sugar. It was just for texture.)