Sugar Cane Benefits & Remedies
- Sugar-cane is too familiar to us. It contains many necessary nutrients such as: protein, calcium, iron, mineral,
- Sugar cane has a low glycemic index, which helps keep the body fit and healthy.
- Studies show that drinking sugar cane juice helps treat and prevent colds, flu and sore throat.
- Sugar cane does not contain simple sugars, so diabetics can safely add it to their diet. However, consumption must be controlled for type-II diabetics.
- Sugar cane is an excellent source of energy. It contains glucose, which is stored as glycogen and is burned by the muscles for energy.
- Sugar cane helps clear the urinary tract and improves kidney function. By drinking sugarcane juice or consuming fresh sugar cane, you can prevent urinary tract infections and kidney stone formation.
- Patients suffering from jaundice can benefit greatly by the juice of sugarcane.They are kept only on its juice. They can also be fiven small pieces to chew on.
- Sugar cane juice can also be mixed with ginger juice, lime juice and coconut water to help in the treatment of several illnesses including gonorrhea, cystitis, nephritis and enlarged prostate.
- Several studies show that sugar cane helps fight certain types of cancer.
- Sugar cane juice is a healthy alternative to carbonated drinks and sodas.
These are just some of the wonderful benefits of sugar cane. Try replacing the sweetened drinks in your diet with healthy sugar cane juice. It will satisfy your sweet tooth and benefit your body.
Some remedies from sugar-cane
Treating the chronic gastritis
Take one glass of cane-juice and one glass of vintage wine, then well-mix and drink two times per day in the morning and evening.
Take one glass of cane-juice and one glass of honey, then well-mix and drink two times per day in the morning and evening before meals.
Treating rash mouth, dry throat, vomiting, cough, sore throat, hot dry mouth in the old after fever
Cook rice gruel and pour cane-juice into it as soon as it is done, then mix well to drink.
Take 80g sugar-cane stalk; Chinese Fox-Glove root powder extract, seed of lotus, and Chinese licorice, 30g per each; bamboo leaves, Japanese honeysuckle, Japanese blood grass root, ox knee root, 20g per each. Next, pour into one liter water, boil, warm with low heat within 15 or 20 minutes, drink hot or cool based on personal taste. In another way, you can pound sugar-cane stalk along with Japanese blood grass root to take water, boil and mix up with coconut milk to drink.
Take 30g purple sugar-cane leaves, 30g dracaena leaves, 20g pagoda flower, and 80g hill glory bower root. Next, you cut all into small pieces, dry in a pan then simmer to drink daily.
Take 30g sugar-cane shoot, 30g white ramie root, 20g Chinese motherwort, 80g coco-grass, and 2g black cardamom. Cut all into small pieces, dry up, and simmer with 400ml water. Drink 100ml in day and divide it into two doses.