Cook: 10 min
150g plain flour
6 ice cubes
1 tsp crushed chilli flakes
500g baby courgettes
500ml vegetable oil for deep-frying
1 lemon, cut into wedges
1 pinch sea salt
1. Place the flour in a large bowl. Add the eggs, then the milk and whisk to form a thick batter.
2. Add the ice cubes and chilli and season.
3. Top and tail the courgettes, then slice lengthways.
4. Pour the oil into a deep saucepan and heat it to 170?C.
5. Drop the courgettes into the batter, tossing to coat. Deep fry a few courgettes at a time, cooking for two to three minutes until golden brown and tender.
6. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper. Repeat with the remaining courgettes. Serve with lemon wedges and a sprinkle of sea salt.