200g soya beans, soaked in water overnight
For the hot soya milk
1 tbsp green tea leaves
1 tbsp pine nuts
1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
1 tbsp toasted black and white Sesame seeds
For the cold soya milk
Honey and Sugar, to taste
1. Put the soaked soya beans in a blender or food processor with 3 times the amount of water to soya beans and blend.
2. Pour the liquid through a muslin cloth and filter, to get rid of husks and fibre.
3. Pour the milk into a pan and bring to the boil. Watch it carefully to ensure it doesn’t burn. Skim any foam off the top of the milk and discard.
4. Serve hot or chilled.
5. For the hot version: in a pestle and mortar, grind the green tea leaves, pine nuts, pumpkin seeds and sesame seeds, put a tablespoon of the mixture in a glass and pour the hot soya milk over to produce a nutritious nutty drink.
6. For the cold version: add honey and sugar to taste.