Cook: 15 min
For the base
8 whole digestive biscuits, roughly chopped
50g unsalted peanuts, roasted and roughly chopped
1 tbsp caster sugar
3 tbsp unsalted Butter, melted
For the whipped cream
225ml double cream
2 tbsp icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
For the filling
1 bag marshmallows, melted
300ml Chocolate Sauce, made from melted Curly Wurlys
8 scoops vanilla ice cream
50g roasted peanuts, unsalted, chopped
4 maraschino cherries
1. Set the oven to 180°C/gas 4 and lightly butter the bottom of a 22cm pie dish or cake tin. Blitz the digestive biscuits into a food processor until finely ground. Add the peanuts and sugar and process until the peanuts are finely chopped. Stir in the melted butter until combined.
2. Transfer the crumb mixture to the prepared dish and press it evenly onto the bottom of the dish. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the crust is set and is just beginning to brown. Place the pan on a wire rack and cool completely.
3. Using a small knife or your fingers, break the crust up into rough chunks of about 2cm. Set the pieces aside until ready to assemble the sundaes.
4. To make the whipped cream, beat the cream with the sugar and vanilla until it forms soft peaks. Scrape the whipped cream into a pastry bag fitted with a medium star tip and refrigerate the bag until ready to assemble the desserts.
5. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the chocolate sauce into the bottom of a sundae glass. Sprinkle a few of the digestive peanut pieces over the sauce. Top with about 1 tablespoon of the melted marshmallow, then a scoop of ice cream. Repeat the layering. Top the sundae with a large swirl of whipped cream, some chopped peanuts and a cherry.
6. Repeat to form 3 more sundaes. Serve immediately.