Cook: 10 min
50g caster sugar
1 handful fresh mint leaves
500ml ready-made custard
150ml double cream
100g dark chocolate, 70% cocoa solids, roughly chopped
1. Place the sugar and water in a small pan and heat together, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Leave to cool.
2. Finely chop the mint leaves and stir into the cooled syrup.
3. Put the mascarpone into a bowl and gradually beat in the cooled mint syrup (don’t add it all at once or you’ll never get the lumps out).
4. Now stir in the custard.
5. Next gently fold the cream into the mixture, along with the chopped chocolate.
6. Churn in an ice cream maker until the mixture freezes into ice cream. Alternately pour the mixture into a freezer container and cover with a tight fitting lid. Place the container in the freezer for two hours, then beat with a fork to break up the ice crystals. Return to the freezer and repeat the process after another two hours. Return to the freezer until completely frozen.