Cook: 30 min
500g strong white flour
3 tbsp Sugar
1 tsp Salt
1 x 7g sachet easy-blend dried yeast
drop of Olive oil
250-300ml warm water
1. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
2. Add the oil and enough water to make a soft pliable dough. Knead for 10 minutes until smooth. Wrap in cling film and leave to rest for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 240°C/gas 9 10 mins then turn back to 6
4. Divide the dough into 100g balls and roll these out into flat oval shapes.
5. Place on baking sheets.
Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes until the dough puffs up.
6. Remove from the oven and leave to cool a little. After 10 minutes the pitta will slowly collapse.