Serves: Makes 1 loaf
Cook: 45 min
350g strong white bread flour, plus a little extra
½ tsp Salt
½ tsp easy blend dried yeast
½ tsp golden caster sugar
1. Lightly oil a sheet of cling film and butter the loaf tin.
2. Sift the flour, salt, yeast and sugar into the bowl of a food mixer and mix at the lowest speed.
3. Add the water and continue to mix.
4. Increase the speed slightly and knead for a further 4 minutes.
5. Place the dough in a bowl and cover with the cling film (oiled side facing the dough) and leave for 2 hours, until the dough has doubled in size.
6. Preheat the oven to 230C/gas 9. Return the dough to the food mixer for 1 minute on moderate setting (or knead by hand for 1 minute). Cover with a clean, damp tea-towel and leave them to rise at room temperature for 40-60 minutes.
7. Shape the dough to fit into the prepared tin, sprinkle the top with flour and bake for 45 minutes, until the base of the bread sounds hollow when tapped. Cool on a wire rack and serve in slices.