Serves: Makes 1 loaf
Cook: 30 min
300g rye flour
200g strong white flour
30g fresh yeast
30g poppy seeds
30g Sesame seeds
30g sunflower seeds
300g porridge oats
1. In a large mixing bowl, place the rye flour, plain flour, yeast, salt, water, linseeds, poppy seeds, sesame seeds and sunflower seeds.
2. Mix together with your hands until it becomes a soft, pliable dough.
3. Place the dough on to a lightly floured, flat surface and knead for five minutes.
4. Return the dough to the bowl and leave to rise for an hour.
5. Preheat the oven to 200ºC/gas 6.
6. Shape the dough into a loaf, and roll the loaf in porridge oats.
7. With a sharp knife, cut a line down the centre of the loaf. Place the loaf on a lightly greased baking sheet.
8. Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.