Cook: 50 min
For the pudding
15g soft Butter
60ml smooth apricot jam
250g self-raising flour
1 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
2 tsp vinegar
2 tsp vanilla extract
For the sauce
250ml evaporated milk
100g unsalted Butter
125g demerara sugar
60ml hot water
For the Amarula cream
100ml Amarula cream liqueur
150ml whipping cream
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
2. Butter a baking dish thoroughly.
3. To make the pudding; beat together the sugar and butter until smooth, light and fluffy, then add the egg and the jam beating until pale.
4. Sift together the flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda
5. Mix together the milk, vinegar and vanilla extract.
6. Fold the dry ingredients into the egg mixture. Then add the milk mixture a little at a time and stir together.
7. Pour into the buttered baking dish and cover lightly with buttered foil.
8. Bake for approx 35-45 minutes until firm.
9. To make the sauce; combine the evaporated milk, butter, demerara sugar and hot water in a pan. Heat, stirring continuously until the butter melts and the sugar has dissolved.
10. To make the Amarula cream; lightly whisk the whipping cream and then add the Amarula cream liqueur.
11. To serve; pour the sauce over the hot pudding and serve with the Amarula cream.