Serves: makes about 1kg
Cook: 15 min
600g preserving sugar
zest and juice of 1 lemon
1kg Strawberries, hulled and sliced in half if large
1. To sterilize jam jars, place them in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil and simmer briskly for 10-15 minutes. Remove from the water with tongs and place upside down on a clean surface to dry.
2. Put the sugar, lemon zest and juice in a preserving pan or large heavy-based saucepan. Heat slowly until the sugar has melted.
3. Add the strawberries and stir gently. Bring to the boil and cook for 3-4 minutes, or 10 minutes if you prefer a thicker jam.
4. Skim off any froth. Leave to cool slightly.
5. Spoon into sterile jars, seal and label.