Cook: 30 min
900g rhubarb, cut into 2cm pieces
grated zest of 1 orange
55g walnut pieces
75g caster sugar
For the Cobbler topping:
280g plain flour
2 tbsp Baking powder
3 tbsp cornflour
140g Butter, diced
3 tbsp caster sugar, plus extra for glazing
3 tbsp double cream, plus extra for glazing
1. First make the cobbler topping. Sift the flour, baking powder and cornflour into a mixing bowl. Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles crumbs.
2. Mix in the sugar, then the cream, mixing thoroughly. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas 5.
4. Heat a saucepan until hot. Add the butter, rhubarb, orange zest, walnut pieces, sugar, whisky and sultanas and cook together for 10 minutes until the sugar has melted and the mixture is bubbling.
5. Place the rhubarb mixture in an oven-proof dish. Top with the cobller topping, then brush with cream and sprinkle with a little caster sugar.
6. Bake the cobbler for 20 minutes until golden brown. Serve warm from the oven.