Serves: Makes 24
Cook: 15 min, per batch
oil, for greasing
125g unsalted Butter, at room temperature
70g caster sugar
70g demerara sugar
60g dark chocolate, broken into small pieces
60g white chocolate, broken into small pieces
80g selection of nuts, roughly chopped
140g plain flour
1 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
pinch of Salt
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas 5. Grease two or three baking trays and line with greaseproof paper.
2. Put the butter and both lots of sugar in a large mixing bowl. Using electric beaters, cream together for about 5 minutes until smooth and fluffy.
3. Beat in the egg, then stir in the dark and white chocolates and the nuts.
4. Sieve the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt into the mixture, and stir well.
5. Place heaped teaspoonsful of the mixture onto the prepared baking trays, leaving a good amount of space between each one.
6. Bake for 6-8 minutes, until tan-coloured and puffy.
7. Remove from the oven and tap sharply on the worktop to knock out the air. Return to the oven for about 6-8 minutes until the cookies are golden brown.
8. Bang the trays once more on the worktop. Leave the cookies to cool on the trays, then store in airtight jars. They will keep for up to a week.