Serves: Makes 14
Cook: 45 min
oil, for greasing
200g soft brown sugar
200g unsalted Butter
2 tbsp golden syrup
350g jumbo oats
3 tbsp chopped stem ginger in syrup
100g chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 150°C/gas 2. Lightly grease a shallow rectangular cake tin and line with greaseproof paper.
2. Put the sugar, butter and golden syrup in a saucepan. Heat gently until the butter has melted, stirring occasionally.
3. Stir in the jumbo oats and ginger.
4. Remove the pan from the heat and leave to cool before stirring in the chocolate chips. Mix thoroughly.
5. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin. Press it out evenly with the back of a wooden spoon.
6. Bake in the centre of the oven for 35-40 minutes.
7. Allow the mixture to cool in the tin for 10 minutes. Slice into oblong bars while still in the tin. Leave in the tin until quite cool before removing.