Cook: 6 hrs, – 12 hours
For the meringue
6 egg whites
200g caster sugar
1 tsp cornflour
For the filling
600ml double cream
100g white chocolate
50g tay berries
2-3 sprigs Mint, to decorate
1. Preheat the oven to 170C/gas 3.
2. Line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
3. Whisk the egg whites with an electric whisk on high speed and add the sugar.
4. Reduce the speed and add the cornflour. Return to high speed and whisk until the mixture is stiff.
5. Spread with a spatula onto the lined baking tray and place in the oven. Turn off the oven and leave for 6-8 hours or overnight to dry out.
6. Whisk the cream until softly peaking.
7. Melt the white chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering (not boiling) water.
8. Place the meringue carefully on a serving plate. Spread the white chocolate over the base of the meringue and top with cream. Arrange the fruit on top and decorate with mint sprigs.