Prep: 10 min
Cook: 5 min
For the beans
45ml vegetable oil, for shallow frying
150g green beans
For the sauce
2 large red chillies
1.5 tbsp hoi sin sauce
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp vegetable oil
1. Heat the oil in a hot wok set over a high heat.
2. Fry the beans for 1- 2 minutes, until just tender and slightly wilted. Remove from the oil, drain on kitchen paper and set aside.
3. Cut the chillies in half lengthways and scrape out the seeds.
4. Carefully empty the hot oil from the wok and wipe it clean with kitchen paper.
5. In the clean wok, combine the hoisin sauce, garlic, salt and oil.
6. Stir in the chillies.
7. Toss the cooked beans into the sauce and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, coating them in the sauce. Serve at once.